When it comes to keeping your air conditioning system in tip top shape, you need to make sure your air filter is doing its job. This is an integral part of your cooling system as it allows air to flow freely throughout the system as it runs. If you aren’t changing your filter as often as you should, you are putting your air conditioning system at risk of failure. Agape Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing is here to talk about the different air filters you have to choose from for your HVAC system.
Different Air Filter Types for Your Cooling System
Depending on the needs of your home or business, you have different HVAC filters to choose from according to your needs. Following are the choices you have in air filters.
– Fiberglass Air Filters: This is the most common filter chosen among homeowners because of its affordability. These disposable filters will do a good job of protecting your AC system, but they won’t do much as far as removing pollutants from the air in your home.
– Pleated Air Filters: The more pleats you choose when purchasing the pleated air filter, the better it will be at removing pollutants from the air. These filters are made up of polyester and cotton fabrics.
– Washable Air Filters: You will be spending more money upfront for a washable filter, but you will also find that the fact that you can wash and reuse them may end up saving you money in the long run. Just make sure that you are allowing them to completely dry after washing them and putting them back in your unit as a damp filter could lead to mold and mildew issues.
– HEPA Air Filters: If you are looking for a filter that will remove allergens from the air, this is a great choice. The high efficiency particulates air filter will remove up to 99.97% of contaminates from the air in your home. The US Department of Energy actually recommend choosing this filter above others.
– Electrostatic Air Filters: Using electrostatic charge, dust and other airborne particles are removed from the air with this filter. If you choose this filter, you have the choice between washable and disposable filters.
– UV Air Filters: A UV filter actually has the ability to kill bacteria and viruses that are found in your indoor air. This is why they are a common choice among hospitals where infections are high and people are at risk of getting sick.
Central AC Inspection, Tune Up, Repair & More in Bedford Hills, Manhattan, Flushing, Queens, Brooklyn & The Bronx, New York
If you don’t remember the last time you replaced the air filter in your HVAC system, now is a good time to do it. You should be cleaning or replacing your air filter every month to keep your air conditioning system working as it should. If you have run into AC problems, you can rely on the experts at Agape Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing to get you back on track. We will ensure you are comfortable no matter how hot it is outside. Call us today!